June 19, 2007

Drive carefully!

First I will start by staying that it is so hard to imagine that Will is almost done with Driver's Ed. He could start driving with an adult in under a week. I remember when I started driving and now to think that I have a child old enough to drive. Wow I feel old, but I also feel excited for Will. This is a huge step to growing up and I think that he should handle it well.

So on to the topic of this post, Mike and I had to attend a informational meeting for Will's Driver's Ed class. The main propose of the meeting was to stress to wear your seat belts and to pay attention to your driving and those around you. This lesson really hit home as I have a good friend, Kim, who just lost her mother due to both of these reasons. Kim's mother and father were heading home from her house and a car pulled out in front of them. Not sure if this driver was talking on the cell, eating something or maybe changing radio stations. Whatever it was he/she was not paying attention. Kim's parents tried to stop but couldn't. Kim's mother wasn't wearing her seat belt and was killed instantly. Her father was wearing his seat belt, treated and released from the hospital the same day. So please everyone, new and old drivers, buckle up and pay 100% attention to the road! And say a prayer for Kim and her family!

No comments: